Jointly launched by the Hainan International Business Council and assurance, tax, and consulting services provider PwC, the investment guide introduces the overall investment environment of Hainan FTP in terms of investment policies, opportunities, investment regions, and business promotion agencies.
Sixty Key Policies for Foreign Investments
1. Maximum personal income tax of 15% for eligible talents.
2. Corporate income tax of 15% on encouraged industrial enterprises.
3. Exempt from import duties, import value-added tax and consumption tax on imported production equipment for enterprises’ own use.
4. Export tax rebates on domestically built ships that are registered at Yangpu Port of China and engaged in international transport.Exempt from import duties, import value-added tax and consumption tax on imported operational vehicles and yachts.
5. Exempt from import duties, import value-added tax and consumption tax on raw and auxiliary materials imported for production.
6. Exempt from import duties, import value-added tax and consumption tax on imported goods purchased by island residents.
7. Raise the quota for offshore duty-free shopping to RMB 100,000 per person per year and expand the categories of duty-free products.
8. Exempt from corporate tax on the income acquired from new foreign direct investment before 2025 for tourism, modern services and high-tech industry enterprises.
9.Allow qualified capital expenditures to be fully tax-deducted; or to accelerate depreciation and amortization.
10. Tax exemption on imports and sales for overseas exhibits during the exhibition.